This post is sponsored by Natrol but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. Thank you for supporting The Heart of Dani!
The new school year is HERE and I officially have a FIRST GRADER!! It is bitter sweet saying goodbye to the best summer ever, but I am selfishly excited about getting back into a solid routine in our new home! I become anxious when I don’t have my routine sometimes since having children. I am a planner and sometimes a control freak (something I am honestly working on). It has taken a lot of work for me to let things fly during these wonderful summer months, including Kolton and Shaynes’ bedtime routines. Well, those days are over with Kolton’s school starting at 7:45 AM!!! Yep, you read that right…
So… sleep is very important to not only my children’s school success, but for my own sanity! Getting back into our groove and getting to bed at a reasonable time and waking up refreshed and ready to take on the day is my goal!
Here are some tips that I got from Dr. Tanya Altmann (and from my own experiences) on how to get those excited little ones, and this busy mama to sleep and get the right about of Zzzzz’s
- Daily Exercise – Staying active during the day not only wears them out, but it is also great for the mind and body.
- Turn off the electronics one hour before bedtime. All of that stimulation can keep Kolton awake longer from our experiences.
- Have a Routine – This is my specialty! After a 20 minute warning, we brush teeth and wash faces, go potty, read a book, give a back rub and doze off to bed after some much needed end of day snuggles!
- Have a Good Sleeping Environment – We keep the kid’s rooms dark and quite (with the exception of a noise machine and nightlight). Since their rooms are on the opposite side of the house, we do not have to worry about bothering them or waking them up as we wind down from the day.
- Take a Melatonin Supplement – Since melatonin is pediatrician-recommended, 100% drug-free and non-habit forming, we can feel good about adding these into the routine on those days that we know sleep may be an issue. We like the kids gummies from Natrol as well as the fast dissolving adult tablets for myself!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.”
We have been taking these Natrol Melatonin gummies and fast disolving tablets with us on our summer adventures as well as at home. Since Kolton and Shayne are so active and have often been sleeping in different places while traveling, these gummies help them get a good night’s sleep and STAY ASLEEP! Plus, they are gummies, which is a big hit in our home!
Without sleep, children are not able to grow and successfully learn in this upcoming school year. So I choose Natrol to give us the sleep we need and deserve.
What are your sleep tips? Please comment below.