2017 was an interesting year. While there were a lot of really great times, there were also situations that I wish I could erase forever. I have to remind myself that these are the situations that make me who I am, I need to learn and grow from them. I turned 36 just a few days before the new year, and with that has come so many life lessons and goals.
On the other hand, we made a big move this past year to a new town, where Shayne began junior pre-school and Kolton began Transitional Kindergarten! Both have been loving their new schools and really thriving! Curtis did exceptional at his company which allowed us to take several vacations, including Disneyland, Maui, Waikiki, Tahoe, and several different overnights at the beach. Getting our kids out and allowing them to experience different places is important to us and as they get older, we are planning more trips in the years to come.
I feel as though I always set goals for the new year, but this year, I am writing them down and holding myself accountable, so here goes…
- Start my own BLOG … check! Now that I have it, I need to WRITE more often too!
- Buy a house … we are so so close to this goal!
- Travel more … we have several trips planned, including Bermuda, San Miguel, San Diego and a cruise!
- Work out more … with the exception of this past week (everyone is recovering from the flu in my house) I have been at the gym 4-5 days/week. Just need to keep with it!
- Step out fo my comfort zone and try something new as often as I can …
- Potty-train Shayne … we were almost there but with the craziness from the holidays, she regressed a little bit.
- Cook more … I used to love cooking but now it seems like more of a chore.
- Drink less … with two kids and so much daily stress, wine has become a nightly staple and I plan to cut back and relieve more stress at the gym!
- Read more … I LOVE reading, but have struggled with finding the time.
- Staying positive … This is a vague goal to have, but so important. I tend to get overwhelmed theses days and take on way more than I am capable of. Striving for perfection is a huge downfall and I need to step back and enjoy the ride more often in 2018!
Well, there are my top 10 goals! I will look at these often and check them off throughout the year.
Wishing everyone a healthy and happy 2018!!